Friday, May 25, 2012

Some people have no clue...

Some people have NO clue what it is like to struggle with infertility.  Yeah.  True.  I'm not technically infertile but David and I are struggling to start our family just as other couples/women/men do.  Yes, we probably don't truely get it either. 

I've realized in the past week that so many people just don't get it.  They don't understand that certain conversations rip our hearts out of our chests but we put on a happy face. 

People don't realize how isolating this it is.  We want to share in your joy but sometimes we just don't wanna. 

Even those women who were once struggling to start their family but now have a child or two (or three or four or...) FORGET the struggle.  I imagine it just like the pain during childbirth.  You soon forget how bad it really was as soon as that beautiful baby is in your arms.  This one I find particularily hard to understand....

I've been pretty open with our journey and somedays I regret this.  I'm someone who will complain.  I sometimes "foam at the mouth" with my negativity.  Sometimes I want to suffer or grieve alone. 

Not sure I know what the right answer is because everyone will repsond differently and there really isn't any way to know what makes them sad about this issue.  I just wish people would get a clue....



No comments:

Post a Comment